Often times when we think of a custom remodeling project we get stars in our eyes. We think of the complete kitchen or bath remodel, the finished basement or the addition. Those are great projects and we like doing them, but sometimes if you don’t have the budget starting simple is the way to go. Add things incrementally over time. Below is a list of ideas for simple remodeling projects that won’t break the bank but that will add some freshness to your home.
- Adding a deck
- Adding a patio
- Adding a Gazebo
- Adding a covered deck
- Opening up the family room to the kitchen
- Opening up the family room to the sitting room
- Adding a window to a room
- Adding a new doorway to a room
- Adding a mud room or laundry room
- Converting a porch to a laundry or mud room
- Adding some built ins around the fireplace for an entertainment center or library
- Adding French Doors to turn a sitting room into an office
- Adding some shutters or a new door to spice up the front elevation
- Adding a closet to a room
- Adding wainscoting to a formal dining room
- Adding window seats to a bedroom
Hope this gets the creative juices flowing. Check back for more ideas for custom building and remodeling projects in Louisville KY. Most of the work we have done in the past 35 years has been in neighborhoods like Owl Creek, Douglas Hills, Plainview, Hurstbourne, Beckley Woods, Lake Forest, Anchorage, Winchester Acres and Fox Run.
If you have any ideas or simple projects you’ve done leave them in the comments below. We’d love to hear your ideas. This blog is about you not us.